Wil Williams is a devout millennial living in Phoenix, Arizona, a place too hot and dry for any human to live, so perhaps, Wil Williams is actually several lizards in a trench coat. Wil has been listening to podcasts for as long as podcasts have existed, and before that, she was raised on a healthy diet of NPR and War of the Worlds. When she got to college, she worked at her terrible college radio station and discovered her love of audio editing, which she no longer does, because she also discovered her love of sleep. There, she earned a degree in Secondary English Education, which is why she’s so good at writing in the third person, like I am now. Wait–
Wil started writing about podcasts via Tumblr in July 2016 and then transitioned to more formal reviews here in March 2017, using the name Podcast Problems. For its first birthday, the site got a full overhaul and rebranded to Wil Williams Reviews. Wil also has a weekly podcast newsletter.
Where to find Wil
- You can support Wil on Patreon here
- Twitter: @wilw_writes
- Instagram: @wilmwil
- Discord servers:
- Join the Party (Patreon supporters only)
- Alba Salix (Patreon supporters only)
- What’s the Frequency
- The Once and Future Nerd
- Girl in Space
- The Bright Sessions
- ars PARADOXICA
Wil also runs the Podcast Problems Discord Server, for podcast creators and fans alike, with specific hidden channels just for Patreon supporters (the server as a whole is open to anyone).
Wil also writes for these sites:
- Forbes: “Peek Into 2018’s Top Podcast Problems… And Solutions” by Sarah Rhea Werner
- Tuned In, Dialed Up: A biweekly podcast about podcasting in collaboration with Gavin of The Pod Report
- Radio Drama Revival‘s episode “Episode 494 – Going Deep on hoax fiction with Wil Williams”
- More to come soon!