[I] didn’t listen to like any other podcasts until january or february of this year when I started talking to Wil and it was ALL DOWNHILL FROM THERE. [. . .] before i met wil, i listened to maybe 2 podcasts. now i listen to 200 and there’s no going back.
–Anne Baird, Patreon Supporter and New Podcast Devotee
Wil Williams is a devout millennial living in Phoenix, Arizona, a place too hot and dry for any human to live, so perhaps, Wil Williams is actually several lizards in a trench coat. Wil has been listening to podcasts for as long as podcasts have existed, and before that, she was raised on a healthy diet of NPR and War of the Worlds. When she got to college, she worked at her terrible college radio station and discovered her love of audio editing, which she no longer does, because she also discovered her love of sleep. There, she earned a degree in Secondary English Education, and later, she began her Master’s in English, which is why she’s so good at writing in the third person, like I am now. Wait–
Wil started writing about podcasts via Tumblr in July 2016 and then transitioned to more formal reviews here in March 2017, using the name Podcast Problems. For its first birthday, the site got a full overhaul and rebranded to Wil Williams Reviews. Wil also has a weekly podcast newsletter.
If you would like to schedule a phone conversation with Wil, please inquire first via email. Please do not call Wil without first establishing communication via email.
- You can support Wil on Patreon here
- You can support Wil on Ko-Fi here
- You can support Wil on Paypal here
Other Writings and Appearances
Wil writes for these sites:
She has previously written for Bello Collective.
- Radio Drama Revival‘s episode “Episode 494 – Going Deep on hoax fiction with Wil Williams”
- Forbes: “Peek Into 2018’s Top Podcast Problems… And Solutions” by Sarah Rhea Werner
- NPR’s 1A: “Do Get Your Hopes Up…Rocking Out With Hope Punk”
- New York Magazine: “Are Podcasts Already Selling Out?” by Maris Kreizman
- Co-host onTuned In, Dialed Up: A biweekly podcast about podcasting in collaboration with Gavin of The Pod Report
- The role of Ohio in L I M B O
- Line producer on Radio Drama Revival
Wil runs the Podcast Problems Discord Server, for podcast creators and fans alike, with specific hidden channels just for Patreon supporters (the server as a whole is open to anyone).
- Wil is helping curate the Audio Fiction track at Podcast Movement 2019!
Current Podcast Tech Preferences
- Wil’s current microphones:
- Wil’s current headphones:
- Bose SoundTrue Ultra In-Ear (no longer available; similar model: Bose SoundSport)
- Wil’s current podcatchers of choice: